With the Government announcing that Step 4 of their road map out of Covid-19 restrictions will commence on Monday 19th July 2021, we wish to convey to members of how this would affect you.
This notice is to aide preparations as the formal guidance issued by the Government, which the EIBA uses to shape its guidance.
As soon as the guidance is available from the government, the EIBA will be able to review and issue more detailed guidance, if appropriate.
From Monday 19th July:
- There are no restrictions on participant numbers indoors which means that all formats of the Indoor Bowls will be permitted.
- Social Distancing measures will be removed.
- There is no legal requirement to wear a face covering when entering and walking around the Club. However, if you personally want to wear face coverings then by all means do but please also respect all individual’s choices.
- We will continue to keep in place hygiene measures to reduce the risk of transmission such as hand sanitisers around the club.
- We will maintain the existing cleaning regimes for areas which are touched often and equipment, such as the mats and jacks, these will be cleaned in the mornings prior to the days play. Should you wish to clean during games there will be cleaning equipment available.
- There is no legal requirement to collect contact details. However, can you please continue to use your door fob so should we need to look up names on a day by day basis we will have a facility to do so.
- The tradition of shaking hands pre and post match to be left to the individual participants at that time.
- For the bar and restaurant areas there will be no restrictions on numbers allowed to sit or stand in the area and table service is not a requirement.
- The coffee machine and water machine will again be available. (Don’t forget your water bottles)
I would like to finish by saying thank you for your compliance over the last few months with all restrictions in place.
With the lifting of restrictions I would like to ask all members to be respectful to each other moving forward, some members may still wish to observe certain protocols and other members won’t, both scenarios are fine.
Can I also remind members and visitors that if you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms (cough, temperature and loss of taste / smell) you should not enter the club.
If anyone has any questions please don’t hesitate to ask